Everyone loves bagging a bargain, especially on the biggest shopping day of the year (Black Friday). However, the Black Friday sales of today look a lot different from the ones we saw even five years ago.
Much like last year, many stores will be closed on Thanksgiving Day to give their workers some much needed time with their loved ones. That means online Black Friday sales will be the star of the show on Turkey Day.
We also predict that Black Friday online sales will be front and center on the day of Black Friday all the way through Cyber Week.
Thankfully, Black Friday has always been an online shopping event for our team. We’ve been covering the best online deals for years. This guide will help you get the best Black Friday online deals and still enjoy the fun of holiday shopping.
Start shopping early and act fast
When it comes to getting the best deals on Black Friday, you need to start your shopping early. Each year, retailers have been starting their sales earlier. In previous years, some stores started offering pre-Black Friday sales online starting in early November.
Also, to make sure you get the best holiday and Black Friday online deals, you’ll want to act fast. The best deals tend to be available only in limited quantities and for a limited time, and the best items don’t last long. So, the early shopper gets the best deals.
Shop the retailers known for the best online Black Friday deals
When you’re making a Black Friday online shopping plan, you’ll want to include these stores on your list:
- Amazon: Amazon is famous for its Black Friday online deals. In previous years, starting on Nov. 1, this online-only retailer has offered daily discounts and lightning deals to help you save big for the holidays.
- Aliexpress: is a fan-favorite on the Biggest Shopping Day of the Year. With hot deals on top electronics and free shipping for the holidays, it’s no wonder people love this retailer.
- Banggood: offers online-only deals in the days and hours leading up to Black Friday. You can also find free shipping offers and discount codes to make certain items even cheaper.
- GeekBuying: They Black Friday online deals have been incredible over the last few years, and we predict this year will be even better. The retailer offers deep discounts on everything from toys for the little ones to home goods for the holidays.
- DHGate: is the original player in the Black Friday game, and its Black Friday online deals prove it’s still a contender. With free shipping promotions and amazing deals on products all throughout the store, it’s the perfect place for your holiday shopping.
Look for free shipping and promo codes during the holiday shopping season
When you’re shopping online, free shipping is your best friend. Thankfully, many major retailers drop their free shipping minimums for the holidays. Others have offered free shipping promo codes. Just know that cutoffs to get free shipping with delivery by Christmas may be earlier this year due to pandemic-related shipping delays.
Although promo codes and coupons aren’t common on Black Friday, some retailers do offer them for use on non-sale items. Other retailers also offer money-saving promo codes. So, keep your eyes peeled this year.
Another somewhat-sneaky way to get a promo code on Black Friday is to fill up your online cart and then strategically “abandon” it. Sometimes, you’ll receive an email within one to 24 hours from the retailer offering a percent off discount to help you finish checking out. There are two caveats to this approach.
- If you really want to get a popular sale item, you won’t want to wait to check out. That’s because these types of products are prone to selling out fast.
- Keep in mind that Black Friday sales have end times. As a result, if it’s getting close to the end of the sale and you haven’t received a promo code, you’ll want to check out to make sure you get the item before the sale is over.
Know what to do if an item sells out
Popular items can sell out quickly on the Biggest Shopping Day of the Year, which means you need to act fast to get all the items you want. Thankfully, there are some Black Friday shopping tips to help you get the bargains on your list:
- For starters, you should clear your web browser cache in preparation for the big day. This will allow you to see changes to a retailer’s website so that you’re seeing them like someone who is viewing the site for the first time.
- Then, you’ll want to be on the store’s website around the time that the deal will go live. Go directly to the page for the item you want and refresh it until it becomes available for the advertised price.
- If you trust the retailer, you should also create an account and save your credit card info before the sale even gets started. This will help speed up the checkout process, so you can be quick to pull the trigger on a deal.
What if you follow these tips and you still miss out on a sale item? Don’t despair! Big retailers that range from Aliexpress to Amazon may offer the same deal again later (or one that’s very similar). You can also check other retailers for the coveted item, as they may be offering a discount on it.
See all the offers of our partner sites:
BLACK FRIDAY GeekBuying COUPON PAGE: ALL COUPONS HERE
BLACK FRIDAY GeekBuying PROMO PAGE: HERE